Tips on preparing an alkus® formwork panel to meet the higher standards of exposed concrete surfaces
What do I need?
- Compressed air cleaner or broom
- Schwamborn rotation cleaner with additional weight and abrasive cleaning grit 320
- Clean water squeegee
- High-pressure sprayer with stainless steel nozzle
- Formwork oil (release agent)
- High-pressure cleaner, preferably with a rotating nozzle
How is the alkus® formwork panel pre-treated for exposed concrete use?
How is the alkus® formwork panel cleaned after concreting?
- Always treat the alkus® solid plastic panel with great care when preparing it for exposed concrete applications. Scratches or marks, e.g. pencil or shoe marks, may otherwise appear on the surface of the panel and then be visible on the formed surface.
- The formwork panel is crucial for producing a perfect finish for your exposed concrete surfaces. However, the concrete formula and the formwork oil, as well as its correct application, for example, also play a key role in this process.